A younger player can 'play up' on an older team with same Club. Example: 10U player can play on their club's 11u, 12u+ team
- Playing on Two (2) Teams
- Player can play on two (2) teams within the same club
- Player must be age eligible for both teams: Age Calculator
- Player cannot play on multiple teams in the same age group
- Example: Player on 10U Open Division team cannot play on their club's 10U Super Division team
- Player CANNOT play on a team for two (2) different baseball clubs
- If player is on two teams he MUST be on BOTH rosters
If you believe an ineligible player is being used in a league game, please follow this protocol:
Player eligibility & misapplication of a playing rule can be protested. Coach cannot protest an umpire's judgement call. The following protest procedure must be followed:
- Coach must stop play and announce his/her protest immediately to the umpire(s) & opposing team's coaching staff prior to the next pitch
- Only once the umpires have confirmation from both coaching staffs and has made note of the protest, play can resume
- The protesting coaching staff must email their Age Group Leader within 24 hours of the conclusion of the game and provide the following:
- The reason for the protest
- The umpires name and contact info
- The name of the opposing head coach and contact info
Feel free to try calling your age group leader before resuming play, but we cannot guarantee an age group leader will be available at all times.
NEAAU will not consider protests not filed on time, nor will NEAAU consider a protest if the above protest procedure is not followed.
DECISION / PENALTY
- If the NEAAU deems the questioned player illegal, that particular game will be recorded as a forfeit
- Club will forfeit their $250 League Bond
- Team with illegal player will not be eligible for the League Playoffs and could be removed from the league
PLACE EXTRA PLAYERS on your ROSTER
- Do you have multiple teams in the NEAAU League?
- If so, we highly recommend placing a few extra players from one of your younger teams in the League on your roster in case you have an unexpected and immediate shortage of players at some point in the season.
- Allowed to start game with 8 players. 9th spot in the lineup will be recorded as an out
- Beginning on day 1 of the league season a player must receive a release from their to team if they wish to play for another club.
- If you wish to roster a player that is currently playing for another club, that player MUST be released by his current club
- Player release (Simply email) must be documented, signed and emailed to your Age Group Leader
- If the team or coach doesn’t want to release a player, the player can chose to leave that team to join another club, but must sit out 60 days before he is eligible to play for his new club in NEAAU League play.
- Any game played with an illegal player will count as a forfeit. See more on Forfeit penalties